Thursday, September 17, 2009

Week #3 Thing #7

This week I purchased a gift for myself to use in the classroom, a wireless presenter! According to the directions, all I have to do is to insert into the wireless USB receiver into the USB drive and the device should work. When I tested the product at home, it worked fine (of course). When I arrived at school it appears that the dell computer I use has the USB drives at a 45% angle, and so my receiver does not sit properly and therefore it does not work. Now I am on the hunt for a USB extender cable! I'm not giving up! Just a little wrinkle in the road.

3 comments:

Corinne said...

oh Regina, I can relate to the frustration! While I worked in a school library as a long term sub, my technology never seemed to work. They gave me a laptop, but it wouldn't work without the cord! I have found you just have to get "creative" when working with technology. At least that's what I tell myself so I don't get frustrated!

PS: Great blog!

Sarah said...

It always seems like "nothings ever easy". Good luck!

Lesley Farmer said...

the devil is in the details -- figuring out a work around is solid evidence of technorati